      From: Linda DeMars <linda@...>
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, November 4, 2012 4:40 PM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Best fantasy and science fiction of 2012?

      I really enjoyed Joan Marie Verba's book SWORD OF QUEENS. I thought it was extremely well-written, and a page turner. I wish it had been longer,  but the ending was quite satisfactory. I have ordered print copies of this book for two of my grandchildren,  age fourteen -cousins,  for Christmas- I am assuming their eleven year old brothers will also read it, and maybe the dad, of two of them,  who is my son. I would like to recommend it for middle school, high school and adults.

      Linda DeMars

      On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM, Lisa Padol <lpadol@...> wrote:

      I am trying to get an early start on reading for the Mythopoeic Awards. Also, I have been put on a panel at Philcon about the best science fiction and fantasy of 2012. So, I'm doing a quick poll -- what do folks think is the best that's been published this year? And what are folks likely to nominate for the awards?

      -Lisa Padol, hoping we can actual make our way to Philcon without a hitch

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic