23411Re: [mythsoc] Best fantasy and science fiction of 2012?

  • Alana Joli Abbott
    Nov 4, 2012
      Here are some of my top SFF books of the year (though I won't necessarily recommend them all for Mythsoc -- I'm just posting them here based on how much I enjoyed them and would recommend them to others, not necessarily for their mythopoeic qualities).

      * Three Parts Dead by Max Gladstone
      * Libriomancer by Jim Himes
      * Shape of Desire (2011) and Still Life with Shape-shifter (2012) by Sharon Shinn
      * At the Mouth of the River of Bees by Kij Johnson

      I am almost certainly going to nominate the Gladstone and the Johnson. The Johnson and the Shinn both also made PW's best SFF books of 2012 lists, so I'm not alone in thinking they're quite good! :)

      -Alana

      On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Berni Phillips <bernip@...> wrote:

      I liked the new Tim Powers novel, HIDE ME AMONG THE GRAVES. I plan to
      nominate that.

      Berni