      Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 8:13 PM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] The Fall of Arthur publication date

      It's my understanding that there was no SIGURD & GUDRUN audiobook; hence I assume there won't be a FALL OF ARTHUR audiobook either. Too bad: I really enjoy listening to alliterative verse and narrative verse read aloud.
         Perhaps, Mich, you could find a reading party to celebrate the book's release? I know I attended a gathering of the kind at a not-quite local bookstore when CHILDREN OF HURIN came out. Good luck!
      --John R. (who's already pre-ordered his copy)

      On Oct 8, 2012, at 3:18 PM, Doug Kane wrote:
      I don't think there has been any announcement as of yet, but I would be disappointed if there wasn't one.  I would suspect that one factor would be whether the Sigurd audiobook did okay.  If very few people bought that, the publishers might think twice about investing in one for The Fall of Arthur.  But I can't think of anything that cries out more for an audio book than a long alliterative poem like this.

      Doug