      From: Bill West
      Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 12:23 AM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Hobbit trailer

      Actually, the at work is from Alan Lee and John Howe who are professional artists
      who've done the artwork for editions of the books and the calendars.

      I 'm looking forward to the Hobbit movies.

      Bill West

      On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM, <WendellWag@...> wrote:

      I think the people at WETA largely stole the visual side of the Peter Jackson movies of The Lord of the Rings from the 40-year tradition of fan art which preceded the movies.  They compensated some of these artists by hiring them to do various artistic things for the films.  They didn't compensate others of them at all.

      Wendell Wagner

      In a message dated 9/19/2012 3:42:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jamescurcio@... writes:
      I think the people at weta did an amazing job bringing the visual/art direction side of lord of rings to life

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic