      The ATB one is only available on the Tales from the Perilous Realm set (http://www.harpercollins.co.uk/Titles/56305/tales-from-the-perilous-realm-unabridged-edition-j-r-r-tolkien-9780007237333). That I actually have, so I am quite certain of it.

      Info on the Mr. Bliss one:  http://www.harpercollins.co.uk/Titles/39315/mr-bliss-unabridged-edition-j-r-r-tolkien-9780007440511

      As for the LOC ones, if you search the catalog at  http://www.loc.gov/nls/ you will find quite a few titles available. The only ones I've actually heard though are the few I listed (UT, BOLT1 & 2, Roverandom).

      On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM, John D Rateliff <sacnoth@...> wrote:

      Are you sure about the ATB one. I hadn't been aware of that one. Mr. Bliss is also new to me. Thanks for the list -- v. interesting.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: "C.N. Bartch"
      Sent: Sep 8, 2012 6:51 PM
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Tolkien audio books

      Oh, I did neglect to mention that there are also Library of Congress recordings (for the blind primarily) for Unfinished Takes, The Book of Lost Tales 1 and 2, and Roverandom. I believe that the last time I checked there were also recordings for a couple other works, but I do not recall at the moment what they were.

      On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM, C.N. Bartch <cnbartch@...> wrote:
      There are actually quite a number of Tolkien audio books available in different flavors.
      For unabridged readings there are:
      By Rob Inglis:
      The Hobbit
      The Lord of the Rings
      By Marin Shaw:
      The Silmarillion
      (he also has an abridged recording of The Hobbit out)
      By Christopher Lee:
      The Children of Hurin
      By Derek Jacobi:
      Farmer Giles of Ham
      Smith of Wooten Major
      Leaf by Niggle
      Letters from Father Christmas
      The Adventures of Tom Bombadil
      Mr. Bliss
      By Terry Jones:
      Sir Gawain and the Green Knight with Pearl and Sir Orfeo
      By Brian Cox (unreleased as far as I'm aware):
      The Ledgend of Sigurd and Gudrun

      Then you have BBC dramatizations of The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and Tales from the Perilous Realm. There also exists a BBC dramatization of The Homecoming of Beorhtnoth and an older lost version of The Lord of the Rings.
      Next is the Mind's Eye/NPR dramatizations of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.
      Also Nicol Williamson's fantastic dramatization of The Hobbit is one that must not be overlooked.

      Then you have Tolkien's own recordings of excerpts from The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, as well as his Poems and Songs of Middle-earth recordings. Also the private recording of The Homecoming of Beorhtnoth by Tolkien which was only ever released on cassette to the 1992 centennial conference.

      I believe that about covers the gamut of  available audio recordings. Of course I may have inadvertently left something off, I would gladly except corrections.

      There is also Sigurd and Gudrun, read by Brian Cox.

      Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2012 9:42 AM

      Yes, Derek Jacobi recorded the Father Christmas Lettersa few years back, and did a great job of it too. Highly recommended.
      I don't know of any of the HME volumes being audiobooks. Alas.
      --John R.