23147Re: [mythsoc] Spelling help from Tolkien linguists

  • Jason Fisher
    Jul 7, 2012
      Númenor and Númenórean(s) are the most correct forms. :)

      From: drldonovan <ldonovan@...>
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, July 7, 2012 4:42 PM
      Subject: [mythsoc] Spelling help from Tolkien linguists

      I've been trying to sort out "the truth" from various sources to get a definitive answer of correct spelling for a book project I'm working on and I have now confused myself on this issue. So, who better to ask than Mythies, the following:

      I've pretty much concluded that it should be spelled "Númenor," not "Númenór." But, my main confusion comes in whether it should be spelled
      "Númenóreans" or "Númenoreans" (I know it should not be Númenórians).

      Any help would be much appreciated!

      Leslie Donovan

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic