      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      From: michv@...
      Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 13:01:10 -0400
      Subject: [mythsoc] looking for a serten doc on Tolkien

      Hi all. back in 2001 and again in 2002 I saw a doc on TV about the life of Tolkien. this was around the time of the first lotr movie coming out. the thing that sticks in my mind is the narrators voice and how in one part in the doc it said he tyed a black ribbon or band I am not sure witch around his wrist in morning. The guy who was narrating it had one of those voices like people who narrate movie trailers have. it also talked about Tolkien's time in WWI. It was a Fairley long doc but I can't for the life of me remember what the name of it was. if this jogs any one's memory and if any one knows what the name of this doc was and where I would be able to find a copy of it that would be nice. I have checked imdb and have not had any luck. I also have checked amazon.com and.ca and still had no luck. I seem to remember Humphrey carpenter was also interviewed. but nun of the people who were in the movies were interviewed and I don't remember there being any archive fuddige of Tolkien him self. so if some one out there knows what doc I am talking about that would be grate. I will include a list of docs that it definitely is not. It isn't National Geographic beyond the movie,  J R R Tolkien Master of the Wrings, not to be confused with the other doc with almost the same name J.R.R. Tolkien - Master of the Rings Gift Set. I hope that some one can help me with this puzzle since it is driving me mad trying to think of the name of it.     many thanks from Mich.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic