22952Re: [mythsoc] "Joseph Bright" and Huddersfield hobbits

  • James Curcio
    Feb 17, 2012
      My understanding is it was a lecture done "on his feet," not something read from a script, or something where you could go back and do it again.

      I'll be honest though, if something isn't a life and death thing, I tend not to worry about it too much. ;)

      Cell: 484-319-7323

      On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 7:41 AM, David Bratman <dbratman@...> wrote:

      WendellWag@... wrote:

      >This tape is part of his output, and this sort of sloppiness doesn't speak
      >well of him. Making these sorts of mistakes on a course on tape/CD sounds
      >to me like arrogance. A lecturer is just as responsible for accuracy in
      >his recorded lectures (for which he's paid well, incidentally) as for his
      >scholarly papers.

      I said "explain", not "excuse".

      James Curcio wrote:

      >People misspeak. Maybe I'm missing what the big deal is.

      It's a big deal when it's speaking before the microphones for a prepared recording. When a movie actor flubs a line, they do it again.

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic