22699Re: [mythsoc] Movie-goers rate the book

  • dougkane@protectingrights.net
    Oct 8, 2011
      Fascinating (in a scary sort of way) to read all the comments. Particularly those of the fellow who relies on Michael Moorcock to prove how terrible Tolkien is.

      From: "David Bratman" <dbratman@...>
      Sender: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 08:32:05 -0700
      To: <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [mythsoc] Movie-goers rate the book

      This is amusing, in a horrible kind of way.

      While googling for something else, I came across what appears to be a
      role-playing game website which started the topic question, Is Tolkien's
      _Lord of the Rings_ worth reading if you have seen the movies?

      Fortunately, 86% (to date) have voted yes, but still, they had to ask the
      question?

      http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/972249-Books-TLOTR-Worth-reading-if-you-have-seen-the-film

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic