22627Re: [mythsoc] Oh dear... Hillard's Mirkwood.... Movie?

  • John Rateliff
    Aug 16 9:35 PM
      Wow. I think my brain just tried to escape out my ears. Quite the tour-de-force, Wendell
         --JDR

      On Aug 15, 2011, at 11:09 PM, WendellWag@... wrote:
      Of course, Tolkien abandoned his plans to be a codebreaker and instead became a master spy, working directly for Rear Admiral John Henry Godfrey, the Director of Naval Intelligence for the British in World War II.  Godfrey took the knowledge of Tolkien's work for him to the grave.  His personal assistant, Ian Fleming, decided that he couldn't reveal the story of what Tolkien did in a direct way, so he transformed him into the character of James Bond in fiction.  It should have been obvious from the name itself.  He took Tolkien's name, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, and dropped the first two names.  As is well known, "Reuel" means "James" in Etruscan and "Tolkien" means "Bond" in Sumerian.  Furthermore, "007" is a reference to the seven rings given to the dwarfs, the seven stars, and the seven stones.  The resemblances between the exploits of James Bond and those of various characters in The Lord of the Rings (which Tolkien used to fictionalize his adventures in World War II) should be clear.

      Wendell Wagner

      In a message dated 8/15/2011 1:16:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dougkane@... writes:
      “The adaptation of Mirkwood will follow
      the template of the novel,” said Hillard, “but will delve considerably
      deeper into Tolkien’s little-known back story, such as his original
      plans to become a codebreaker in World War II up through the writing
      of his enduring works.”

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic