      Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2011 1:03 PM
      Subject: [mythsoc] What is science fiction? (was Re: NPR top 100 Science Fiction ...)

      [snip]

      By the way, I wouldn't say that all "time travel" novels are science fiction by definition, though they usually are. As in everything, I think there is the occasional exception. Martin Amis's Times Arrow comes to mind. It's been a while since I read it, but from my recollection, there's nothing at all about it that I would call science fiction.

      Jason

    • Show all 31 messages in this topic