22513Re: [mythsoc] Mythprint question

    Jul 26, 2011
      "Alana Joli Abbott" <alanajoli@...> wrote:

      > Despite kindle books being readable on
      > most devices, they're not readable from my dedicated e-reader (a nook from
      > B&N),

      I'm a little bit puzzled by this. The Nook is not a "dedicated" e-reader
      but an open-format one, which can read epub, which is the standard
      interchangeable format for most e-readers that are not the Kindle, as well
      as pdfs and Word files. It was the original Kindle which was infamous for
      not reading anything but Kindle files, though I understand subsequent
      generations have expanded on this, and there are now Kindle apps for reading
      Kindle format on other devices. But you still have to get the app. You
      don't need a Nook-specific app to read Nook files elsewhere, because there
      is no Nook format, there's only epub.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic