22475Re: [mythsoc] Quick take on Lord Dunsany?

  • Darrell A. Martin
    Jun 28, 2011
      On 6/28/2011 10:25 AM, Mike Foster wrote:

      > David makes a good point. “One of the greatest” would be more
      > flame-proof than “the greatest.”
      > Mike

      Mike:

      I'm with you, and will quote with approval the cliche "de gustibus non
      est disputandum". The prase "one of the greatest" focuses on Dunsany
      himself, not how he ranks competitively against others. Even better
      might be, "one of the two or three greatest" -- especially if the other
      one or two are *not* named. That allows anyone quick to defend their own
      favorite to relax, even if that favorite is someone few have heard of
      [grin].

      Darrell
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic