22416Re: [mythsoc] Death of fantasist Lord Dunsany's grandson

  • John Rateliff
    May 26, 2011
      Very sorry to hear it. I never met Edward Carlos Plunkett, though I did meet his father (the famous Lord Dunsany's son). Thanks for posting the news, Dale.
         We can be grateful to this Lord Dunsany for one thing: he allowed the publication of a number of his grandfather's works that had lain neglected in a bank vault for decades -- a novel, a play, a volume of short stories, and various odds & ends. None of them had the stuff of greatness that makes me rank Dunsany as the best fantasy short story writer ever, but it's good to have even the lesser works of a great writer.
         --John R.

      current reading: THE BOOK OF WONDER [1912]

    • Show all 38 messages in this topic