22042Greetings and Mythcon 42 logistics

  • Constance Edwards
    Apr 9, 2011
      I'm Constance, and I'm awful at introductions -- I always want to just hand over my CV. My academic fields are history and psychology (I work in the latter); I'm procrastinating on starting my doctorate and probably will continue to do so until I can interest someone else at CU in cliodynamics; I wanted to be Hari Seldon when I grew up. Avocations run to literature, DIY and messing with fabric. I'm currently critting S. Meyer's _The_Host_; current reading list runs to Georgian property and marriage law.

      The simplest reason I'm here is that for the first time, I'm not going to be stuck at a family reunion, or a professional conference, or on the wrong side of a continent for Mythcon*. I live in Boulder County, Colorado, and since I will be driving, I wanted to offer the passenger seats to any Coloradans who would be interested. (My dates are not yet entirely firm, but at this point, I'm reasonably flexible; I'm planning on leaving the morning of the 15th and returning on the afternoon of the 18th.) I've got comfortable room for three other adults and their moderate luggage, or two more adults with significant luggage, or one with a truly impressive amount.

      I'm happy to have a roommate if someone wants/needs one, but also, perfectly content without one.

      And now I'm going to return to reading the archives. I'm glad to be here!

      *I am so ridiculously pleased about this that I'm feeling rather Week Before Christmas-y. (Is it tomorrow? How much longer? Can I pack yet?) One of my undergrad history profs told me about Mythcon and the Mythopoeic Society almost twenty years ago and I've always had to back-burner it. 2002 was especially painful; I found out Mythcon would be in my neighborhood 3 days after I'd signed on to present a paper at a professional conference in another state. I cried.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic