21944Re: [mythsoc] Tolkien estate sends cease and desist letter to Zazzle

  • scribbler@scribblerworks.us
    Feb 28, 2011
      Yeah, I can't get so worked up over someone complaining about a C&D for
      one item. I think the Estate does have the right to protect the quality of
      items reflecting on their trademarks - and that was a rather bland,
      unlovely button.

      But Entitled Blogger decides this is cause to go on a rant about the Big
      Meanie Estate. Sorry, but I have an artist friend who has done licensed
      Tolkien related art, and the uncommissioned things she's done out of her
      fangirl heart she retitles with inoffensive titles in order not to tread
      on the Estate's toes. And she does not find this cause for complaint.

      I get a bit tired of the anti-CT ranters. Even though I wish the Estate
      would allow the rest of JRRT's Beowulf notes and translations to be
      published. Their choice, their right.