21943Re: [mythsoc] Tolkien estate sends cease and desist letter to Zazzle

    Feb 27, 2011
      That's very interesting, Carl: do you happen to have any links to sources expressing that perspective?

      Certainly it does sound odd, to supposedly sue over a single button that does not itself infringe copyright or trademark, so I cite again the rule of thumb I posted here last week: "If you read about what appears to be a totally absurd lawsuit, either 1) there's a lot more to the story that you're not being told (the McDonald's coffee case is the classic example of this), or 2) it was thrown out by the judge at the first opportunity."