      From: John Davis <john@...>
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, January 31, 2011 8:20:51 AM
      Subject: [mythsoc] Fairly OT question

      Hi,

      Has anyone on the list read Algernon Blackwood's The Human Chord?  (I know he isn't an Inkling, but there are certainly similarities between his novels and those of Williams, so I hope you'll forgive my mentioning him here.)

      If so, can they tell me what the somewhat unfortunately-named Winky - as referred to towards the end of the novel - is meant to represent? My thoughts are that he probably represents the possibility of a physical child born to the couple, or by extension simply physical love between them. But it is not particularly clear, so I wondered what others thought.

      John

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic