21690Re: [mythsoc] The Inklings as characters

  • scribbler@scribblerworks.us
    Dec 10, 2010
      I got the book out of curiousity, and am a few chapters in. I want to
      read it all the way through before commenting fully on it, but I do have
      to admit that it is not gripping me tightly. As a writer myself, I feel
      it could have done with some more polishing (an early passage involving a
      metal-detector prompted me to post on LiveJournal about how to describe
      objects that are newish to the characters but well known to the readers).
      But like I said, I want to be just - which requires (for me, at least)
      that I finish reading it before leveling judgement.

      So, I give a cautious warning. But for other readers, their mileage may
      vary in the reading experience.

      Sarah