21599Re: Theatrical Trailer for Voyage of the Dawn Treader

  • not_thou
    Nov 10, 2010
      That was Bill not Joan, Lynn. -Merlin

      P.S. As to Michael Apted, he is "only" the film's director, and in a franchise like this, he probably has less influence on the film, particularly on the shape of the story, than the writers and producers. The writers are Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely and Michael Petroni (so credited on IMDb -- I believe the ampersand indicates collaborators, while "and" indicates someone who worked on an earlier draft or on significant rewrites). The producers are Andrew Adamson, Douglas Gresham, Mark Johnson, Cort Kristen (assoc.), Perry Moore (exec.), and Philip Steur. You will recall that Adamson was director and co-writer of the first two films. Markus & McFeely also co-wrote the first two films. Johnson, Moore, Steur, and of course Gresham, all had producer credit on the first two films as well.

      Apted in fact has never had a writing credit on any of the twenty-odd fiction films he's directed (of those I've seen, my favorite is THUNDERHEART, from 1992). He's most admired for his documentaries.

      ---"lynnmaudlin" <lynnmaudlin@...> wrote:
      > ouch-- I fear you're right, Joan. :(
      > I had hopes because Michael Apted did such a good job with AMAZING GRACE... the problem clearly lies with producers & Walden Media. bleah.
      > -- Lynn --

      > --- "IcelofAngeln" <solicitr@> wrote:
      > > I am NOT encouraged. I think I see signs of major rewriting of the story, possibly worse than Caspian.

      > > --- "ftl_publications" <Joan.Marie.Verba@> wrote:
      > > > Theatrical Trailer for Voyage of the Dawn Treader
      > > > http://yhoo.it/aAxRIk
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic