21597Re: Theatrical Trailer for Voyage of the Dawn Treader

  • Cole Matson
    Nov 10, 2010
      Yikes! It looks as if they're setting up the voyage to Aslan's Country solely as the means to an end (to find help to defeat some unnamed evil). I hope they don't miss the spiritual journey aspect of it - the fact that Aslan's Country draws the heart because it is itself good. The heart of VDT is in the spiritual journeys of its characters, IMHO, and if they leave out this meditative aspect of the journey towards God, they *might* get the basic elements of the plot right, but they'll miss the reason the plot is important.

      Btw, if anyone is in the Oxford area, Michael Ward, author of Planet Narnia, will be giving a talk on solar imagery in VDT on Tues 23 Nov at 8.15 p.m. at Pusey House, St Giles.

      Cole Matson

      P.S. - I recently became Vice-President of the Oxford C.S. Lewis Society and reviews editor for the C.S. Lewis Chronicle, the Society's journal. Please feel free to contact me if you're a scholar (academic or independent) who would like to:

      -Give a talk to the Society in the next year (if you'll be in the area - we can't fund trips, unfortunately)
      -Contribute a review or article to the journal
      -Donate a review copy of your book to be reviewed

      Also, if there's a particular book anyone would like to see reviewed, feel free to send me your suggestions as well.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic