      Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 12:44 AM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Re: Tolkien-related sword in Oxford pub?

      On Oct 4, 2010, at 4:53 PM, dale nelson wrote:
      Do you have a source for that, by the way?

      Can't remember offhand where I've read this, but it's from a pretty well-known source. I'll try to remember to flag it next time I I come across it.

      Not that it's relevant, but it did just occur to me that we do know of one Inkling who kept a ceremonial sword in his office: Charles Williams. He used it for rituals with his disciples who came to visit him (cf. LETTERS TO LALANGE). I wonder what ever became of it -- did it pass back to his family (widow & son), or did some other member of his order inherit it?

      --John R.

      __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5506 (20101005) __________

      http://www.eset.com

      __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5506 (20101005) __________