21468RE: [mythsoc] Mythprint: Books Available for Review

  • bernip
    Sep 18, 2010
      Hi, Jason.

      If no one else wants the paranormal romances, I'm willing to look at them.  If they're as bad as the last ones, though, they won't get reviewed.  (I couldn't even finish reading the last ones, they were that bad.)

      So I will take:
          J.K. Beck. When Blood Calls (Bantam, 2010). [Urban / paranormal romance]
          Carolyn Crane. Double Cross (Ballantine, 2010). [Urban / paranormal fantasy-noir]
          Diana Gabaldon. The Exile: An Outlander Graphic Novel (Del Rey, 2010). [Graphic novel / historical fantasy]  (I'm a comic book geek and Gabaldon is well-known name, although I've never  read her stuff.)

      I already own and have read (and recommend) the Kelley Armstrong. Frostbitten (Bantam, 2010). [Paranormal romance / urban fantasy] so I won't take that.  I love Kelley Armstrong, but this is a novel about established characters in her Women of the Otherworld series.  It's the second or third novel featuring Elena, the female werewolf. I'm not sure how good it would work as an intro to the series so I wouldn't review it.  (This is sometimes the problem with the other Mythprint review books as well.)

      Snail mail:
               Berni Phillips
               1663 Albatross Drive
               Sunnyvale, CA 94087

      If you're sending stuff to David, too, they can be combined if that's easier.

      I also just received an ARC of Passion Play, a first novel by Beth Bernobich which is dedicated to Sherwood.  If that's good (and appropriate for Mythprint), I will review it.

      Regards,
      Berni