21462Gaius and Titius and Orbilius

    Sep 3, 2010
      Has anyone read The Control of Language: A Critical Approach to Reading and Writing by Alec King and Martin Ketley or The Reading and Writing of English by E. G. Biaggini?  You're probably saying, "Huh, what's that got to do with the Inklings?"  The first book is the one referred to in Lewis's The Abolition of Man as The Green Book by Gaius and Titius and the second book, not given a name in The Abolition of Man, is the one supposedly written by Orbilius.  We're reading The Abolition of Man in Knossos (the Washington, D.C. area Mythopoeic group) for November, so I decided it would be nice to read those books along with it.  They are what inspired Lewis to write The Abolition of Man because he found the attitudes expressed in them to be so absurd.  Has anyone read them and wish to comment on them?