21423Elvish singer to give three performances at Tolkien Moot

  • Michael Martinez
    Aug 12, 2010
      Spokane, WA-based Tolkien Moot will be held this weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). The special guest this year is Elvish singer Rehtaeh. She will give three performances, all of which will be broadcast live over the Internet from the Tolkien Moot site (www.tolkienmoot.org).

      Tolkien Moot, formerly known as MERPCon, is entering its 6th year.

      I'll be there, reprising the "Raw Hobbit" panel. Rehtaeh (Heather Downing) will be my guest.

      The panel/peformance schedule looks like this:

      Friday (August 13th)
      5:30 pm - 6:00 pm - Introductory Speech and Orientation
      6:00 pm - 6:30 pm - Vocalist Performance: Rehtaeh.
      6:30 pm - 7:00 pm - Rehtaeh Q&A Session.

      Saturday (August 14th)
      6:00 pm - 7:00 pm - RAW HOBBIT - Michael Martinez.
      7:00 pm - 7:30 pm - Vocalist Performance: Rehtaeh.

      Sunday (August 15th)
      1:30 pm - 2:00 pm - Audience Panel event.
      2:00 pm - 2:30 pm - Vocalist Performance: Rehtaeh.
      5:00 pm - 6:00 pm - Middle-Earth Talk Radio Live Broadcast with live audience participation (International).

      I believe the chat room will be open for questions on Friday at 6:30 PM.

      Hawke and I recorded an episode of Middle-earth Talk Radio (www.middle-earthtalkradio.com) over this past weekend but I'm not sure when he'll finish editing it for release.

      Heather Downing performs as Rehtaeh. You can learn more about her at her Website (www.rehtaehmusic.com). A few tracks from her latest CD ("ElementAria") start playing automatically when you load the page but you can disable them or change the song with the widget in the upper-lefthand corner of the screen.

      You can also sample all the songs of the CD on Amazon, iTunes, or Napster (where it is available for sale either as a CD or as downloadable MP3s).

      The song "Metima Lenda (Final Journey)" uses lyrics that I believe are written in Quenya. It's a very soft, melodic piece with a regretful tone to it. I think most Tolkien fans would enjoy her music.

      --
      Michael Martinez
      http://www.michael-martinez.com/

      YOU CAN HELP OUR WOUNDED WARRIORS