21419Re: $2,233.97 for a used book about the Inklings?

  • not_thou
    Aug 10 7:41 AM
      "Women Among the Inklings" has regularly been listed online at more than $1,000.00 for at least the past couple years (I first checked it on amazon after hearing some discussion of its merits and flaws at the 2008 Mythcon). One of the authors, Sam McBride, was at 2009 Mythcon, and I asked if he had any extra copies he'd like to sell for a more reasonable figure. He did not, and was likewise astounded at the prices being quoted -- money which he certainly wasn't seeing!

      -Merlin

      ---Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:
      Yeah, the price is insane. Bookfinder shows another copy for sale for $1,503.49. And just one other for $129.31, a more reasonable price for an out-of-print book. I've seen this kind of thing before, where a seller picks some arbitrarily ridiculous price and sets it out there to sit and wait -- possibly for years and years -- hoping for the world's most gullible person to come along and find it.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic