21404Re: An episode of a TV program mentioning the Inklings

  • lynnmaudlin
    Aug 3, 2010
      I don't know that I'd concur with the "neither did (CS) Lewis" about knowing what he was doing w/the Inklings. I think it unlikely that he realized he & JRRT were starting a writers group which would meet for the next (18? something like that!) years - but I *do* think he had a clue what he was doing; at least Glyer's THE COMPANY THEY KEEP would indicate some degree of awareness. YMMV.

      -- Lynn --

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Sue Bridgwater <suebridgwater@...> wrote:

      > Sorry you dislike Lewis, which I enjoy very much - I also loved the episode, surely the point was that the protagonist who saw himself as starting a New Inklings group had no idea what he was on about?  (Neither did Lewis, but that's true to the character).  I felt it was a good sign that the makers thought the Tolkien/CSLewis axis to be familiar enough to most people to form a strong part of an episode of a popular programme - and a nice pun on the two Lewises.  Ah well, we can't all like everything!
      >
      > from Sue

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic