      Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2010 4:55 PM
      Subject: [mythsoc] Re: Mention of Tolkien in The New Yorker

      hmmm, could be - that may be why I enjoy The New Yorker, that random quality! AND the cartoons!!!

      -- Lynn --

      > WendellWag@... wrote:
      >
      > >I thought it was kind of interesting
      > >that an article in
      The New Yorker
      > would mention, although it was
      > >irrelevant to
      the rest of the article,
      > >that someone was a Tolkien scholar.
      >
      > It is indeed interesting - and I have come across this gentleman's work
      a couple times and knew his name - but mentioning things that are completely irrelevant to the rest of the article is the very heart and soul, the calling card, of The New Yorker.

      __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5303 (20100722) __________

      http://www.eset.com

      __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5303 (20100722) __________

      http://www.eset.com