21273Re: [mythsoc] Passing of a Mythie....

  • Edith Crowe
    May 29, 2010
      Good grief. It seems that whenever I go offline for a few days something momentous happens. Where the Society is concerned, this is about as momentous as it gets. Alexei was such a unique, lovely, charming man. His knowledge was prodigious but he was unfailingly modest and matter-of-fact about it. His fascinating background, travels and immersion in many languages gave him one of the most singularly beautiful voices/accents it has ever been my pleasure to hear. How profoundly sad to realize I'll never hear it again. Alexei, may the Summer Country be everything you've read about it.
      --
      Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
      The Mythopoeic Society

      On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 5:43 AM, herenistarion <herenistarion@...> wrote:

      As we know everyone here at MythSoc was his friend and colleague, we want to let you know that we just found out Alexei Kondratiev passed away last night. ...

      In Fellowship
      Anthony & Jessie

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic