21272Re: [mythsoc] Remembering Alexei...

  • scribbler@scribblerworks.us
    May 29 9:50 AM
      Anthony -- here's my bit (that I'd posted on FB) --

      He had a barrel chest, a hearty laugh, and a resonant voice; an amazing
      depth of knowledge and insight and he was always interested in talking
      with whomever he was around. He's been one of my Mythie friends for over
      20 years - seen once a year at Mythcon, but always looked for. I will miss
      him.

      ****

      And please extend my regards to his family.

      Best, Sarah Beach

      > Fellow Mythies,
      > Since we posted the news of the passing of Alexei we have all shared our
      > heartfelt stories of him, which include plans of an obit and Mythcon 41
      > program page.
      >
      > Jessie and I would like to now ask those who cannot attend the funeral, to
      > post here remembrances of Alexei you would like to have read. We will be
      > speaking at his funeral and if you are on the east coast we hope you are
      > able to attend. If you plan to attend please reach out to the family
      > directly if you know them and how to contact them. If you do not have
      > their information I can relay their contact to you.
      > If you do not know them please call me at 347 831 6640 if you are planning
      > to attend.
      >
      > Again I would like to use this thread for anything you all wish to have
      > read at the funeral. I do not wish to limit words but we would like to
      > read as many as time will allow.
      >
      > Humbly yours,
      > Anthony

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic