21134Re: The Elvish Bible?

  • Jason Fisher
    Mar 11, 2010
      Not an *entire* Bible translation, to my knowledge, but a number of people have made translations of individual books with varying levels of success. Probably the most accomplished are those of Helge Fauskanger.

      From: John Rateliff <sacnoth@...>
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, March 11, 2010 2:34:57 PM
      Subject: [mythsoc] The Elvish Bible?

      Does anyone know if there's been an "Elvish Bible" project, in which linguists construct their best approximation of what various parts of the Bible might read like in Sindarin or Quenya? I've just had a request for Zephaniah 3.12-30, and I must confessed I'm stumped.
      Any suggestions much appreciated.
      --John R.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic