      Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 8:29 AM
      Subject: [mythsoc] Re: Mythprint delay & evolution

      Thanks, Merlin and Lynn -- and to others I've heard from privately.

      I am delighted to assume the post of Mythrpint editor, and I look forward to hearing from readers and contributors starting immediately. It is with great humility that I take on the mantle of a periodical which has been published continuously for the past forty years -- matching my own lifetime almost exactly -- and a mantle worn by so many capable editors before me. My thanks to all of them, and most especially to Janet for generously filling in on the last two issues. Having said that, you can be sure I'll find ways to put my own stamp on Mythprint. And fortunately, this is no longer a *postage* stamp! :)

      The Mythprint email address -- mythprint [at] mythsoc [dot] org -- has been set up to forward to me already, so please use that address to contact me about the newsletter. And please, all of you, consider this message an official invitation for you to send me book reviews, news items, and announcements. I would also like to get back to publishing short original articles, as Mythprint used to do (and as Amon Hen still does).

      Jason Fisher
      Editor, Mythprint