21034Re: [mythsoc] Bonniejean Christensen dissertation request

  • Jeremy Edmonds
    Jan 30, 2010
      Thanks Edith!

      I took a look at ProQuest, and it does not appear that I can create an account to search the database as an individual. I have to be a library to be able to create an account and use the database.  I will check with my local public library to see if they are a subscriber.  I don't have an affiliation with a school/university library that I can leverage at this time, unfortunately.

      Looks like a great resource, however!

      Jeremy

      On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Edith Crowe <correspondence@...> wrote:

      ProQuest is now the vendor for these dissertations...see http://www.proquest.com/en-US/products/dissertations/.
      --
      Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
      The Mythopoeic Society

      On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Jeremy Edmonds <jeremy@...> wrote:

      Can anyone help out with this request?

      http://www.tolkienguide.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=5820#forumpost5820

      * find out how close these two are in terms of content:
      o "Christensen, Bonniejean. "Tolkien's Creative Technique:
      Beowulf and The Hobbit." Mythlore 15 (Spring 1989): 4-10.
      o Christensen, Bonniejean. "Beowulf and The Hobbit: Elegy into
      Fantasy in J. R. R. Tolkien's Creative Technique."
      Dissertation, University of Southern California, 1969. DAI
      30 (1970): 4401-02A.

      He would also like to find a copy of the dissertation if possible.  I have forwarded the link for ordering back issues of Mythlore already.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic