      From: Ric Speed <westwind@...>
      Date: Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 7:47 PM
      Subject: A book of drawings from the late 1960'2 or early 1970's
      To: correspondence@...

      I was in a gallery in Santa Fe today which showed several artists who
      painted in a highly fantastic style. I remembered a book of illustrations
      of a fantastic nature, creatures with snail bodies and elephant heads etc.,
      which was called, I believe, 'Mythopoeia'. I have spent some time this
      evening trying to find reference to the book on the web, but due to the
      current interest in the subject of mythopoeia, I have found no reference at
      all to it. I could be mistaken about the name of the book, but I really
      believe it was 'Mythopoeia', a word which was unfamiliar to me at the time.

      I write this to you because I really have no other way of tracing the book.
      If you know of it, please let me know the artist's name, which would help my
      trying to find a copy. If not, see what you can find, it is a book of truly
      remarkable illustrations.

      Thanks for reading this-

      Ric Speed

      "Truth, beauty, freedom, and above all...love!"