20511Re: [mythsoc] Tolkien, women, gender and brain-picking

  • Edith Crowe
    May 11, 2009
      Joseph, I hope so. As I understand it, this is institute is designed for
      high school teachers of Tolkien, so I expect they will be most interested in
      LOTR. However, it's pretty limiting to talk about women/gender issues and
      limit oneself only to LOTR. I'm hoping some of their students will be up for
      some extra credit assignments that will get them into other parts of the
      legendarium--especiallywhen they relate to characters or situations in LOTR
      (Galadriel's wild youth; why Arwen Warrior Princess is less of a stretch
      when you know more about her female ancestry, etc.).