20422Re: [mythsoc] Neil Gaiman

  • John D Rateliff
    Mar 17, 2009
      Speaking of Neil Gaiman, last week I picked up my own copy of
      CORALINE to re-read after seeing the film, and was amused by a detail
      in the "About the Author" section added at the end. In running down
      the list of his various works, and the awards they've won (and
      bestsellers lists they've been on), it says this of STARDUST:

      "the all-prose version . . . appeared on a number of bestseller
      lists, was selected by PUBLISHER'S WEEKLY as one of the best books of
      the year, and was awarded the prestigious Mythopoeic Fantasy Award
      for Adult Literature".

      So there you have it: among the listed awards -- the Eisner, the
      Harvey, the World Fantasy Award, the Hugo, the Nebula, the Bram
      Stoker, &c -- only the Mythsoc award was described as "prestigious".
      Congratulations to the Society.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic