20397Absorbed Fantasy Reading Study Research Participants Needed

  • anamcaraaa
    Feb 27, 2009
      Have you ever been lost in a fantasy or science fiction book
      and felt like the story world was real?

      I am currently working on my dissertation as part of my doctoral studies at the Institute of
      Transpersonal Psychology in Palo Alto California. To complete this project I am doing
      research on reading fantasy literature in an absorbed state. In this study, fantasy literature
      is broadly defined and includes myths, legends, folktales, and fairy tales, as well as
      modern fantasy and science fiction. I could use your help.

      I am looking for people who are 18 years of age or older, have read fantasy literature in an
      absorbed state of mind and have been positively affected or transformed by the
      experience, are willing to write about their experiences for confidential use and publication
      in this study, and are willing and able to communicate primarily via e-mail.

      Participants in this study will write about their positive meaningful experiences of reading
      fantasy literature in an absorbed state of mind.

      Please share your stories with me! If you are interested in participating, please send an
      email message to campbell.dissertation@... with your name and the best way to
      contact you (i.e., phone number or email) or call me at 650/799-5236 (cell phone).

      Thank you so much for your help!

      Sheree
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic