20158News from Spain.

  • juanitopanchacoco
    Oct 23, 2008
      Aiya!

      My name is Jose Manuel Ferrandez, from Spain. I write in order to
      announce that last weekend was celebrated in Salamanca (Spain) with a
      great success ESTELCON, our national convention dedicated to Tolkien
      (www.estelcon2008.org). Also called Mereth Aderthad it is a meeting
      held once a year, that usually lasts for four days, and in which all
      the society participates, because although it's prepared by a
      particular smial –and the hard work is done by them-, activities are
      developed by members of the entire Spanish Tolkien Society or by the
      committees, or by other smials.

      In addition, in this meeting were announced the 2008 Winners of the
      Gandalf Awards of Stories inspired in the Middle Earth, the Aelfwine
      Award of Essay about Tolkien and the Niggle Award of art inspired by
      his work. A list of the winners will be available very soon in
      www.sociedadtolkien.org

      J.M. Ferrandez – Gimli.

      Ps/OT. I am very proud to say that I received the Aelfwine Award by my
      essay "J.R.R. Tolkien and the Spanish Civil War". This work, together
      with other ones from me linked to Tolkien, is available in my recently
      opened web page: http://www.josemanuelferrandez.com (that I hope will
      be interesting for those that visit it).