2011Interesting item in an article in _The Washington Post_

    Jul 29, 2000
      There's an article in _The Washington Post_ (July 24th, page A7) about George
      W. Bush's (and his campaign advisors') attempts to speak to the evangelical
      communty. He was introduced by one aide, George Wead, to many evangelic
      leaders. He made attempts to stay in touch with some of them and, among
      other things, "he dug up an old Time magazine cover of author C. S. Lewis,
      the evangelicals' leterary favorite, to send to a Wheaton College professor
      he had met with."

      DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A POLITICAL ARGUMENT.
      DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A POLITICAL ARGUMENT.
      DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A POLITICAL ARGUMENT.

      My question is "How difficult would this be?"

      I've been reading and collecting Lewis for over twenty-five years and I've
      never seen that issue of _Time_ (from August 8, 1947). I checked on E-bay
      and abebooks.com and they don't have any copies. Have any of you seen that
      issue? Do any of you own it? Is there any way that someone could obtain it
      (particularly someone who had not previously been a Lewis collector) except
      by paying a dealer for a extensive (and expensive) search.