20094Re: Tolkien cartoon

  • hoytrand
    Sep 18, 2008
      I think David Emerson's comment about posthumous works being clearly
      presented as original drafts and working papers intended for scholarly
      access is a very helpful clarification; David Bratman said something
      similar. I'm much more familiar with posthumous publications like *The
      Silmarillion* -- where the editor polishes up the work and presents it
      as the author's own -- than with publications like *The History of
      Middle-Earth* series. Is this something that is done often? Am I only
      less familiar with them because these don't usually exist in
      mass-market paperback versions?

      Thanks,
      ~randy
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic