20015Re: Tolkien's Gedling

  • Merlin DeTardo
    Aug 4, 2008
      ---John D Rateliff <sacnoth@...> wrote:
      << Here's another I found out about yesterday that was apparently
      published a few months ago without my hearing anything about it at
      the time: TOLKIEN'S GEDLING 1914 by Andrew Morton, a book about Aunt
      Jane's farm where Tolkien wrote the Earendel poem which, in
      retrospect, stands as the starting point of his mythology. Here's the
      link >>

      In addition to the two short reviews posted at amazon.co.uk, a longer
      response was posted a few weeks ago to the Reading Room forum at
      TheOneRing.net:

      http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?
      post=116568

      And Pieter Collier interviewed one of the authors in May at his
      Tolkien Library site:

      http://www.tolkienlibrary.com/press/830-
      Interview_with_Andrew_H_Morton_on_Tolkien_Gedling.php

      -Merlin DeTardo
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic