20001Re: three new Tolkien books

  • Jason Fisher
    Jul 31, 2008
      > (2) The Mirror Crack'd: Fear and Horror in JRR Tolkien's Major Works,
      > ed. Lynn Forest-Hill.

      I remember the CFP for this project, quite some time ago. Nice to see it's ready for bookshelves. And as long as we're talking about forthcoming books, here's another one to look forward to:

      Tolkien, Race and Cultural History: From Fairies to Hobbits, by Dimitra Fimi (264pp, Palgrave Macmillan, hardcover, $85.00)
      Publication date: November 25, 2008
      ISBN 0-230-21951-9
      http://www.palgrave-usa.com/catalog/product.aspx?isbn=0230219519

      I imagine this will be incorporating some of Fimi's recent (and excellent articles). Looking forward to it.