19651Re: [mythsoc] Re: The Eowyn Challenge

  • Carl F. Hostetter
    Apr 10, 2008
      On Apr 10, 2008, at 2:32 AM, David Bratman wrote:
      > "Carl F. Hostetter" <Aelfwine@...> wrote:
      > >--- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, WendellWag@... wrote:
      > >
      > >> I lived in Gloucestershire for three years. Snow in early April
      > is rare.
      > >> Six inches of snow is downright bizarre.
      > >
      > >Sounds like Al Gore was in town, giving a talk on global warming....
      > And he would point out that freak cold spells are one of the effects
      > we can expect from what is known, for convenience, as "global
      > warming."

      Of course! Global warming is an absolutely unfalsifiable theory. (And
      "climate change"... oo, that just gives me tingles!)

      > I would not, even as a joke, imply that global warming means all the
      > temperatures are just going to go up uniformly,

      OK, difference between us noted.

      This was meant as nothing more than a joke, playing off the well-known
      fact that Gore has more than once managed to pick the most
      unseasonably colds days to deliver major speeches about global
      warming. So laugh or not (as you chose), and let's move along.

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic