19646Re: [mythsoc] Re: The Eowyn Challenge

    Apr 9, 2008
      In a message dated 4/9/2008 10:20:10 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      jef.murray@... writes:

      Not only snow in London, but out in the Cotswalds,
      where we were for the "Castles in the Mist"
      exhibition, we got about 6 inches!!! It melted, and
      the exhibition went on without a hitch, but what a
      sight when we first arose and opened the curtains at
      the Bell Inn (aka the Prancing Pony)!

      I lived in Gloucestershire for three years. Snow in early April is rare.
      Six inches of snow is downright bizarre. Did the earth open up and a beast
      with seven heads emerge? Did an angel come down from heaven and announce, "It
      is finished"? Six inches of snow in early April in southern England is
      practically a sign of the Apocalypse.