19632Re: [mythsoc] The Eowyn Challenge

  • Ellen
    Apr 4, 2008
      I participated in this back when it started. I was rehabbing from an
      injury at the time, and walking was about the only form of exercise I
      could do. I made it to Rivendell, then partway through Moria. After
      that, my pedometer conked out and I never got the new one configured
      correctly, so I stopped counting miles. It was lots of fun and great
      motivation. When I knew I was about to hit Bree, I wanted to finish the
      walk someplace where I could have a pint. I don't recall offhand how I
      celebrated getting to Rivendell. Upon reaching Moria, I took a trip to
      Mammoth Cave and counted some of those miles.

      Ellen Denham