19554Lewis review in the movies

    Mar 6, 2008
      In the film "In the Valley of Elah", there's an unexpectedly hilarious moment when Tommy Lee Jones (crusty old retired soldier) is going to read a bedtime story to the young son of Charlize Theron (police detective and single mother).

      He picks up the book, which is a paperback of _The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe_, leafs through it silently, and when the boy says, "You're supposed to read it to me," he replies, "I don't understand one word of it."

      So as the boy's name is David, he tells him the story of David and Goliath instead, hence the title of the film, that being where the battle took place. Imagine the film being named for Narnia instead: it would terribly confuse everyone waiting for the _Prince Caspian_ film.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic