19542Re: [mythsoc] Re: Graduate programs - C.S. Lewis, theology, & the arts

    Mar 3, 2008
      In a message dated 3/3/2008 3:13:07 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      lynnmaudlin@... writes:

      You might also look into Azusa Pacific University, which has the
      advantage of Diana Glyer as a professor (although she will be on
      sabbatical next year) and Biola is worth looking at as well...

      If you go just by looking at where there are important Lewis and Tolkien
      scholars, there's Azusa Pacific, with Diana Glyer, and she's not about to retire
      anytime soon, but I wonder if they have graduate programs. There's Rice,
      with Jane Chance, and I don't think she's about to retire, but people on this
      mailing list don't have much to say about her. There's St. Louis University,
      with Tom Shippey, but is he due to retire soon and do they have graduate
      programs? There's Tarleton State, with Joe Christopher, but he's already
      retired, and I don't know if they have graduate programs. Closest of all to you,
      Cole, is the University of Maryland, with Verlyn Flieger. Going strictly by
      age, she would have been expected to retire several years ago, but I think she
      has no intentions of ever retiring. Can anyone else suggest important Lewis
      and Tolkien scholars and where they teach?

      2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)