19432Re: two queries

  • Lynn Maudlin
    Feb 14, 2008

      > Conclude what you will; the fact is that Frodo's heroism is finally
      > not that of a warrior. Why Tolkien revised his story thus is
      > conjecture; that he did so is fact.
      >
      > _Pax vobiscum_
      > Mike

      And Merry and Pippin's heroism *is* that of the warrior. I don't draw
      an over-arching conclusion from it, Mike, and I was trying to find out
      if *you* do, what you find the significance to be. I think different
      people's lives have different lessons, different experiences,
      different requirements - both in real life and in fiction.

      Happy Valentine's Day to you and your Jo-ness!

      -- Lynn --
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic