      From: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mythsoc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of David Bratman
      Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 6:53 PM
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Re: two queries

      Tolkien had already written Frodo renouncing the carrying of weapons in
      Mordor when he drafted the initial versions of the Scouring in which
      Frodo fights Sharky in single combat and does other improbable things.
      It took Tolkien's conscious a while to catch on to what his subconscious
      was doing.

      Lynn Maudlin <lynnmaudlin@ <mailto:lynnmaudlin%40yahoo.com> yahoo.com>