19362Re: [mythsoc] '50 Greatest Postwar British Writers'

  • Deidre
    Jan 16, 2008
      At 06:57 AM 1/16/2008, you wrote:
      >2a. '50 Greatest Postwar British Writers'
      > Posted by: "John D Rateliff" sacnoth@... sacnoth32
      > Date: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:55 pm ((PST))
      >
      >A friend in England sent me this link, which I thought I'd share.
      >Seems to be an interesting mix of literary and popular. Glad to see
      >Tolkien made it in the top ten.
      > --JDR
      >
      >http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/
      >article3127837.ece

      If one puts angle brackets around URLs, they should then work as a
      clickable link in most email programs.

      <http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/article3127837.ece>

      I did try copying and pasting the link, but that did not work.
      Hopefully the angle brackets will.

      It's an interesting list, but I must confess to being surprised that
      some of the better mystery writers were let off. I would have
      thought that P. D. James might have made the list, as her Adam
      Dalgliesh novels are so wonderfully written and many have been
      adapted for the small screen. I was pleased by the inclusion of
      Rosemary Sutcliff, as her Arthurian works are some of the best
      historical works for the Romano-Celtic period in Britain that I have
      ever read.

      Deidre